– Remove refined sugars, high-fructose corn syrup, soda, wheat and dairy products, gluten, table salt, soy and hydrogenated, trans fats. Most of these products lead to stress to the body and cause dysfunction, stimulating fat storing hormones and added body weight.
– Do not starve yourself. Stay away from anything called a diet. Healthy eating is a lifestyle for health, vitality, longevity and fat loss. Diets are a major stressor to your body causing a damaged metabolism, hormonal disruption, muscle loss and fat storage.
– Stop drinking coffee and alcohol. Drink more organic green tea, preferably before 1pm. Also, include detox teas such as Pau ‘d Arco and dandelion tea.
– Eat small mini-meals every 3-4 hours. Always eat breakfast that includes an organic protein source and healthy fats. Include plenty of organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables.
– Consume an appropriate amount of filtered water daily. Your body is 85% water and physiologically water works as a catalyst to most functions within your body. Add the juice from a whole lemon and/or lime.
Bodyweight x .7 = the number of ounces daily for you personally to consume.
– Practice yoga or qigong or bounce on a rebounder or walk briskly or any workout that cleanses the body of toxins. Practice at least 2-5 minutes of deep, full diaphragmatic belly breathing daily.
– Do not eat after 8pm. The night is the time for your body to rest and detox, not digest your food. Eating before bedtime disrupts sleep, creates digestive distress and minimizes your production of growth hormone.
– Quality sleep. Keep a regular sleep schedule, going to bed and waking around the same time. Optimally asleep by 10pm, awake by 6am. Your body repairs physically and psychologically at night during sleep. This is a time for your body to balance hormones, repair tissues and regenerate. If you’re highly physical, more sleep may be needed.
– Detox your mind. Your thoughts are the most powerful way to maintain health and well-being and to heal your body. Turn off the news. Generate positive emotions and thoughts. Practice affirmations daily.
– Surround yourself with like-minded people. Form win-win relationships. Determine who is trustworthy and displays character traits of integrity, honesty and authenticity. Dissolve those relationships that no longer serve you in a positive light and enjoy relationships that feed your soul and make you feel good.
– Keep a food journal for one week. Research shows that people who journal what they eat tend to lose twice as many pounds and make healthier food choices.
– Reward yourself. Allow yourself time to rest without feeling guilty. Give yourself daily sunshine. Indulge in a long bath with Epsom salts with a relaxing essential oil such as lavender. More sex! Schedule a massage or sauna. Listen to your gut (intuition) and give your body, mind and soul the support it needs.
– Express gratitude every day. Be Authentic!
Attend Paula’s 10 DAY DETOX SEMINAR
Sign up now by visiting:
Copyright © 2008 Paula Owens
Author of THE POWER OF 4
Master of Holistic Nutrition